Kenny Lowe has named his squad for the Heritage Match against the Central Coast Mariners at nib Stadium on Saturday night.
The squad boasts eight of the nine new signings Lowe has made in the off season with Rhys Williams, goalkeeper Liam Reddy and new Glory captain Rostyn Griffiths and former golden boot winner Adam Taggart.
Brandon Wilson, Joseph Mills, Milan Smiljanic are also in line to make their Hyundai A-League debut.
There’s extra incentive for Glory to earn three points as the club pays tribute to the inaugural Perth Glory squad of 1996 to mark the side’s 20 year anniversary.
With the first two games of the season at home, the Western Australian outfit will be looking to start the 2016/17 campaign strongly.
Glory Facts and Stats
- Perth Glory have won five and drawn one of their last seven games against Central Coast Mariners.
- Perth Glory has won four consecutive home games against the Central Coast Mariners in which they have outscored the east-coast team 13-3.
- Perth Glory have won each of their last five games on home soil and kept two clean sheets in their last three such fixtures.
- Not only did Perth Glory score the most penalties in 2015/16, but they did so without missing a single attempt (8/8).
- Diego Castro scored 13 goals last season finishing fourth in the race for the golden boot while Andy Keogh concluded the season with ten goals since re-joining the club in January. Chris Harold also had a breakout season scoring 7 goals for the club.
- Josh Risdon was second in the league for duels won finishing with 64.7% while teammate Alex Grant was only marginally behind in fourth with 63.2%.
- Josh Risdon created 5 goals last season with 20% of his assists being converted – marginally better than Aaron Mooy (19.23%).
- Perth Glory converted 16.3% of their chances last season – the fourth highest conversion rate in the league.
- Diego Castro finished 5th for combined goals and assists in the A-league last campaign.
Hyundai A-League 2016/17 Round 1
Saturday 8 October 2016
Perth Glory v Central Coast Mariners
nib Stadium, Perth
Kick-Off: 7:00PM (Local) (10:00PM (AEDT))
Referee: Chris Beath
Assistant Referee 1: Josh Mannella
Assistant Referee 2: Matthew Southern
Fourth Official: Adam Fielding
TV Broadcast: Live coverage on Fox Sports 505 from 10.00pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport (New Zealand)
Radio Broadcast: ABC online and via Mobile App, A-League Live, EON Sports Radio (eonsportsradio.com), Coast FM 96.3 (NSW)
Join the conversation on Twitter using the hash-tag #PERvCCM
Tickets for the match are available HERE
Memberships are available to purchase HERE
Perth Glory squad: 2.Alex GRANT, 3.Marc WARREN, 5.Rhys WILLIAMS, 6.Dino DJULBIC, 8.Rostyn GRIFFITHS (c), 9.Andy KEOGH 10.Nebojsa MARINKOVIC, 13 Nicholas FEELY (gk), 14.Chris HAROLD, 15.Brandon WILSON, 16.Joseph MILLS, 17.Diego CASTRO, 19.Josh RISDON, 21.Jamal REINERS, 22.Adam TAGGART, 23.Kosta PETRATOS, 24.Milan SMILJANIC, 33.Liam REDDY (gk)
**Two to be omitted**
Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Ivan NECEVSKI (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 4.Jacob POSCOLIERO, 5.Harry ASCROFT, 6.Blake POWELL, 7.Fabio FERREIRA, 8.Nick MONTGOMERY (c), 9.Roy O’DONOVAN, 10.Mickael TAVARES, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, Jacques FATY, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 21.Michael NEILL, 22.Jake McGING, 25.Ryan PETERSON
**Two to be omitted**
Unavailable: 16.Liam ROSE (international duty – 4 weeks), 23.Jake ADELSON (ACL – indefinite)