Brisbane Roar goalkeeper Jamie Young has proven to be Perth Glory's nemesis on a day littered with goal scoring chances for both sides.
Roar won the match 2-1 after 90 minutes at Suncorp Stadium today but Perth carved several opportunities to steal a point only to be denied by Young seven times.
After a 0-0 half-time score line, goals from Jamie Maclaren and Henrique put the Hyundai A-League title contenders in the box seat early in the second half but super-sub Hagi Gligor pegged one back with a superb shot into the back of the net after a smart cut back from Perth's Spanish marquee Diego Castro.
Josh Risdon had a golden chance to put Perth on level terms minutes from full-time, but Young managed to save the shot.
Despite the loss Glory will head back to Perth ahead of their next home match against Adelaide United full of confidence for the RD 14 clash at nib Stadium on January 9.
Entry for children under 16 is free with the purchase of every adult ticket.
Details here: http://bit.ly/1iXHvKf
- 5’ Petratos with a driving run; shoots from out of the box but its wide of the post
- 11’ Maclaren headers a shot but it's just wide of the post
- 16’ Garcia threads a neat ball to Castro who passed on to Reiners but it's cleared by North
- 17’ Risdon with a nice drive and shoots on goal but it's tucked in confortably by Young
- 19’ Covic saves a shot from Maclaren
- 20’ Hingert shoots on target
- 22’ Broich curls in a great shot toward the righ post forcing Covic to make a breathtaking diving save to his right
- 24’ Warren fires a cross into the box forcing Young to punch the ball away
- 29’ Harold gets inside the box and shoots but its blocked by Young
- 30’ Castro shoots on goal from point blank but Stefanutto blocks the shot
- 38’ Thwaite with a great chance to score for Glory, getting inside the box after a great floating cross from Risdon
- 52’ Maclaren scores off the post after an assit from Petratos
- 55’ Harold with a great chance to score in front of goal but Young blocks it with his palm
- 61’ Goal by Henrique from the top of the box to put Brisbane up 2-0
- 70' Hagi Gligor scores with a great left foot strike after a nice cut back from Diego Castro
- 71’ Castro gets into a great one on one with the 'keeper and tried to chip Young but there's not enough power in the shot
- 74’ Free kick from Castro. Grant chests it down and fires a shot but it's smothered by Young
- 86' Risdon misses a one-on-one as Young blocks another shot
- 88' Knowles with some neat foot work inside the box fires on goal but it's blocked; the follow up shot from Warren is blocked right in front of goal
Brisbane Roar: Young (gk), Hingert, North, Bowles, Stefanutto, Corona, Petratos (Hervas 80’), McKay, Borrello (Henrique 59’), Maclaren (Solorzano 69’), Broich
Perth Glory FC: Covic (gk), Risdon, Thwaite (Gligor 70’), Grant, Warren, Oxborrow, Sandor, Harold, Castro, Garcia, Reiners (Williams 46’)
Scorers: Maclaren 52’, Henrique 61’, Gligor 70’
Red Cards: Nil
Yellow Cards: Warren 18’, Borrello 45’
Conditions: 26°C, dry
Attendance: 17,696 at Suncorp Stadium