With the Glory squad already en route to New Zealand for Sunday’s Remembrance Round clash with Wellington Phoenix, what better time to take a look at some of the key facts and figures ahead of the big game?
- Glory will be looking to maintain a six-game unbeaten run in New Zealand that dates back to February 2013 and includes two wins and four draws, while Phoenix will be seeking to extend a run of five home games without defeat.
- If you’re a fan of headed goals, you could be in for a treat on Sunday as Glory and Phoenix have recorded three apiece this season , more than any other club in the league.
- Glory have been pretty impressive with their shots as well this term, boasting a league-best shooting accuracy level of 62% and although he’s yet to open his account, Diego Castro has the most accurate shooting record (82%) of any player who has recorded more than seven shots this season.
- In terms of overall meetings between the two sides, Glory have enjoyed 13 wins to Phoenix’s 11, with seven games drawn, but the Kiwi side has scored 39 goals to Glory’s 38.
- And it’s even-steven in terms of finals meetings, with Phoenix prevailing on penalties in 2010 before Glory avenged that defeat with a dramatic extra-time victory en route to the Grand Final in 2012.
- The respective pass masters for the two clubs so far this season are Glory’s Scott Neville, with 260 attempted and Wellington's Goran Paracki, with 268.
- Neville also leads Glory’s list for tackles attempted (11), interceptions (11) and clearances (33).
- Perth locals Lewis Italiano and Ryan Lowry could both feature in the Phoenix squad on Sunday, while players who have represented both clubs include Liam Reddy, Shane Smeltz, Leo Bertos, Jeremy Christie, Danny Vukovic, Adrian Caceres, Eugene Dadi, Jimmy Downey, Nick Ward and Jade North.
Sunday, 12 November 2017
Wellington Phoenix v Perth Glory
Westpac Stadium, Wellington
Kick-Off: 4:30 PM (Local) (11.30 AM WST)
Referee: Kurt Ams
Assistant Referee 1: Simon Lount
Assistant Referee 2: Glen Lochrie
Fourth Official: Alex King
Video Assistant Referee: Nick Waldron
TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 501 from 2:30pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport 3 (New Zealand)
Radio Broadcast: myfootballnation.com (6PR). ABC News on Radio, Online & via the ABC Listen App – A-League Live.
Join the conversation on Twitter using the hash-tag #WELvPER
Wellington Phoenix squad: 1.Lewis ITALIANO (gk), 2.Daniel MULLEN, 3.Scott GALLOWAY, 4.Goran PARACKI, 6.Dylan FOX, 7.Gui FINKLER, 8.Dario VIDOSIC, 9.Andrija KALUDJEROVIC, 11.Hamish WATSON, 12.Adam PARKHOUSE, 13.Marco ROSSI, 14.Alex RUFER, 17.Ali ABBAS, 19.Thomas DOYLE, 21.Roy KRISHNA, 23.Matthew RIDENTON, 24.Logan ROGERSON, 30.Keegan SMITH (gk)
**two to be omitted**
Ins: 3.Scott GALLOWAY (returns from injury), 6.Dylan FOX (promoted), 13.Marco ROSSI (returns from injury), 24.Logan ROGERSON (promoted)
Outs: 10.Michael McGLINCHEY (international duty – 2 weeks), 22.Andrew DURANTE (international duty – 2 weeks)
Perth Glory Squad: 2.Alex GRANT, 4.Shane LOWRY, 5.Jacob POSCOLIERO, 6.Mitch NICHOLS, 8.Xavi TORRES, 9.Andy KEOGH (c), 11. Mitch MALLIA, 13 Nick FEELY (GK), 14.Chris HAROLD, 15.Brandon WILSON, 16.Joseph MILLS, 17.Diego CASTRO, 18. Andreu GUERAO, 20.Jake BRIMMER, 22.Adam TAGGART, 23.Scott NEVILLE, 29.Jeremy WALKER, 33.Liam REDDY (GK)
**two to be omitted**
Ins: 5.Jacob POSCOLIERO (promoted), 16.Joseph MILLS (promoted)
Unavailable: 25.Daniel STYNES (hamstring 4-5 weeks), 7.Joel CHIANESE (collar bone – 3-4 weeks), 3.Marc WARREN (ankle 8-9 weeks)