With a number of new faces joining our Westfield W-League squad in the off-season, we thought we'd get to know them a little better.
Next up is our dynamic new midfielder, Raquel 'Rocky' Rodriguez.
1. Rodriguez was born in San Jose, Costa Rica, on the 28th of October 1993.
2. Rocky's Twitter handle is @raque_rocky.
3. Rodriguez has joined Perth Glory on loan from NWSL side Sky Blue FC.
4. Rocky plays alongside skipper Sam Kerr and Nikki Stanton for the Sky Blues.
5. Rodriguez is the first Central American to play in the Westfield W-League.
6. Rocky attended Penn State University from 2012-2015 where she scored 23 goals in 93 appearances.
7. Rodriguez enjoyed an illustrious college career, scoring the winner in the NCAA College Cup as team captain in 2015, while also winning the Mac Hermann trophy in the same year for the best female college player.
8. Rocky was selected as pick number two in the 2016 NWSL Draft by Sky Blue FC and won the Rookie of the Year award after an impressive first season.
9. Despite only being 24-years-old, Rodriguez has already enjoyed a memorable international career with Costa Rica after making her debut as a teenager in 2010. She has made 49 appearances and netted 31 times from midfield, including her country's first ever goal in a Women's World Cup during the 2015 tournament.
10. During her most recent call-up to the national team, which was just a few weeks ago for a match against Mexico, Rocky scored a stoppage-time winner.
11. Rodriguez has quickly endeared herself to the Glory faithful with a series of combative performances and superb technical ability.
12. Apparently, she has big feet...
Rocky and her teammates have a bye this week, but you can catch them in action at Dorrien Gardens against Brisbane Roar on the 29th December by becoming a member today: http://bit.ly/2xtp1LY