From the football to the fauna, we've put together our best 13 reasons our Wild West gets one over Windy Wellington!
1. OUR FOOTBALL TEAM IS BETTER.
Glory has been ahead of the 'Nix on the ladder all season, and has beaten them 2-1 twice; once away in New Zealand, and once with 10 men.
2. PERTH'S WEATHER > WELLINGTON'S WEATHER.
When cracking 20 degrees Celsius is considered a balmy day, you know you'd be much better off living about 5000kms West in our amazing Meditteranean climate.
3. THERE'S SO MUCH MORE GOING ON IN PERTH.
A vibrant city of 1.7 million vs. a provincial town of 200,000 people. We know where we'd rather live.
4. THEY STOLE OUR STATE COLOURS.
Okay we get the black-All Blacks bit with the colouring... but yellow? The golden sun barely appears in gloomy New Zealand and there are definitely not as many golden beaches there.
5. THEY'RE KIWIS.
Whether you're a football, rugby, cricket or a netball fan, it always feels great when our proud nation gets one over our smaller, icy-weathered neighbours.
6. OUR ACTIVE SUPPORT IS AWESOME.
Whether you're at the Shed End or in front of the South Stand, nothing matches the passion of our supporters.
7. NOTHING CAN EVER MATCH OUR KINGS PARK.
Or our beaches. Or our Swan River. Or our Swan Valley.
8. HOW ABOUT SUNSET OVER THE INDIAN OCEAN?
Didn't think so either.
9. THERE ARE COUNTLESS SUCCESSFUL WEST AUSTRALIANS.
John Curtin. Margaret Court. Heath Ledger. Fiona Stanley. Fiona Wood. Edith Cowan. Megan Gale. Gemma Ward. Sam Worthington. The Marsh Cricketers. Tim Winton. Polly Farmer. Stan Lazaridis. Dennis Lillee. Tim Minchin. Samantha Jade. Rob Swire. We could go on and on and on.
10. THEIR ONLY WELLINGTON-BORN CELEB ACTOR IDENTIFIES AS AN AUSTRALIAN.
And Russell Crowe still lives on the wrong side of Australia. #westisbest
11. BIGGER IS BETTER.
Our state is geographically larger than the whole of New Zealand. We even have more coastline, and they're an island!
12. OUR FAUNA IS MORE BADASS.
Crocodiles, kangaroos and koalas vs. a few variants of flightless birds. No contest.
13. WE'RE HOSTING THE GLORY VS. PHOENIX GAME THIS WEEKEND.
It's set to be a cracker at nib Stadium, as 1st-placed Perth Glory FC take on 2nd-placed Wellington Phoenix. 6:30pm, this Saturday night; click HERE to purchase your tickets.